SITE MANAGEMENT STRATEGYUpon being awarded a contract Power Connection organises and sets up an effective management and supervision team that is structured specifically for each project. The project team is drawn from the technical and management resources within the company to provide personnel with the necessary skills required for each stage of the project.
The team then produces a strategy for the contract and identifies the critical success for the project as follows:
- Liaison and Communication
- Skills ‘Fit for Purpose’
- Organisation Quality Measurement
- Business Continuity
- Safe Working Environment
- Meet All Commitments
- Customer Care
- Financial Management
- Completion of the project in line with the contract specification
PLANNING ASSUMPTIONSPower Connection’s goals and objectives were developed according to the following basic business assumptions. We will continue to:
- fulfil our regulatory obligations related to the administration and enforcement of the relevant health, safety and environmental legislation and regulations;
- ensure disputes are resolved with due process;
- be responsive to new safety challenges associated with delivering safety services and information to the broader public; and
- consider good governance, transparency, organizational effectiveness efficiency as priorities.
B-BBEESouth Africa's policy on Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) is not simply a moral initiative to redress the wrongs of the past. It is a pragmatic growth strategy that aims to realise the country's full economic potential while helping to bring the black majority into the economic mainstream. Our country requires an economy that can meet the needs of all our economic citizens, i.e., our people and their enterprises in a sustainable manner. This will only be possible if our economy builds on the full potential of all persons and communities across the length and breadth of this country.
Consequently, Power Connection undertakes to continually amend the inequalities of the past with regards to race, gender and disability in its employee base and to accelerate the normalisation of this position through structured skills development programmes over time and the injection of talent, through its on-going commitment to:
- Ensuring that its workforce represents South African demographics in terms of race, gender and disability at all levels and that structured development plans are in place to achieve this.
- Actively driving internal promotion opportunities through structured development programmes and career planning. Power Connection is committed to the growth and prosperity of our most valuable assets i.e. human capital. This is to be achieved through skills development programmes.
- Encouraging the recruitment of black talent into the company.
- Incentivising and rewarding managers to achieve the targets set.
Our targets and strategies include:
- Actively pursue purchases from companies in which shareholding is held by historically disadvantaged South Africans.
- Encourage existing suppliers to address B-BBEE and become B-BBEE accredited.
- Support diversity through equal dignity and respect for all people.
- Make changes over time to the staff structure to ensure designated groups have equal opportunities.
- Ensure equal representation of disadvantaged groups in all job categories and levels in the workplace.
- Retain and develop disadvantaged South Africans.
- Empower our historically disadvantaged staff to reach their full potential.
- Reject all forms of discrimination.
- Embracing the values underlying the Constitution.
Accepting and addressing the need for transformation in our business is of vital importance. B-BBEE is paramount, not only for legal compliance but also to our company’s dedication to the enablement of helping disadvantaged individuals prosper in the new South Africa that we live in.
Power Connection has the following B-BBEE accreditation:
- Level 1 B-BBEE Contributor
- 100% Black Ownership
- 50% Black Female Ownership